The impending environmental problems are not only the result of population growth but also increased technological advancements and impulse for development. The last decade has witnessed extreme environment degradation in the form of Forest fires, ocean acidification, loss of biodiversity, melting of Polar Ice Caps and a lot more. This raises serious concerns over existing facets of Environmental and Legal Jurisprudence, whether the same is sufficient to sustain Nature for generations to come?
With this objective in mind, the Centre for Environment and Disaster Management of Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, is organising a one-day Student Conclave – THE HIMACHAL PRADESH NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY ENVIRONMENT CONCLAVE, to bring together eminent personalities in the field of Environmental Law to give valuable insights to the young students who will put forth different perspectives and pertinent questions relating to contemporary issues in Environmental Law.
Themes for the Conclave
In this regards, the Centre for Environment and Disaster Management of Himachal Pradesh National Law University invites research papers from students across the nation on the following themes:
The nucleus of the theme for the conclave are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), concerning Environment, which lie at the heart of The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015.
Students shall write the Research papers on the aforementioned topic in a way that shall establish a relationship between Legal knowledge and the objective sought to be achieved through these 17 SDGs and shall also address the lacunae in the contemporary Environmental Jurisprudence.
- Participation is invited from students enrolled bonafide on a regular basis in an undergraduate/postgraduate course or its equivalent conducted by any recognized college/university/institution in India.
- Original content shall only be entertained on the aforementioned themes.
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- Co-authorship by a maximum of 2 students is permitted.
- Full Paper submission stands due on 25th April 2020.
- Authors whose entries are shortlisted shall be intimated of their selection for full paper presentation via e-mail by 10th May 2020.
- Authors of the shortlisted entries will receive a certificate of paper presentation. All other participants will be given an electronic certificate of participation.
- A Panel of Evaluators shall be constituted to select the best research paper from each technical session.
- Selected Research Papers shall be published in the form of a book with an ISBN/ISSN number.
- The paper must be authored in English only.
- The paper should be the original work of the author(s). Plagiarized entries and paper(s) published elsewhere or selected/ submitted for publication elsewhere shall be rejected.
- Each paper must include an Abstract. The word limit for the abstract is 300 words.
- The word limit for full paper is 3000 – 5000 words, excluding footnotes.
- The paper should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Single Line Spacing.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be justified.
- Every citation must follow the Indian Law Institute format is available HERE.
- The entries must be sent by email to cedm[at]hpnlu.ac.in with the subject ‘HPNLU-Environment Conclave 2020 Research Paper’.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name(s) of the author(s).
- The paper may be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
The participants are required to send the following details in a separate word document attached to the e-mail:
- Theme Chosen
- Title of the Paper
- Name(s) of the Author(s)
- College/Institute/University of Author(s)
- Programme Enrolled In & Year of Study of Author(s)
- E-mail address & Contact No. of Author(s)
- Submission of Full Paper: 25th April 2020.
- Review and Notification of Paper Selection for Presentation: 10th May 2020.
- Payment of Registration Fee: Latest by 18th May 2020.
- Date of Conference: 5th June 2020.
The Registration fee for participating in the HPNLU Environment Conclave is as follows:
- Without Accommodation: Rs. 1000/-
- With Accommodation: Rs. 3000/-
Fee may be paid through NEFT (Account holder Name- Registrar Himachal Pradesh National Law University; A/C 14100110051955, IFSC UCBA0001410, UCO Bank, Branch-Halog Dhami) OR by Demand Draft in favour of “Registrar Himachal Pradesh National Law University” payable at Shimla.
There is no separate form for registration. Students interested may send their expression of Interest along with a brief profile at cedm[at]hpnlu.ac.in.
Research Papers received form acclaimed Scholars working in the field of Environmental Law (National / International) along with selected research papers received for HPNLU Conclave shall be compiled in the form of an edited book (with ISBN Number) and will be released on 5th June 2020.
Dr. Girjesh Shukla: Director, HPNLU – Centre for Environment and Disaster Management
Contact No. +91-8887059676
Nishant Goyal (+91-8360495514)
Nikhat Jamal (+91-7007233538)
Note – The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. We try our level best to avoid any misinformation or abusive content. If you found any of such content on this website, please report us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested to publish your article on our website? Click Here to submit your article.