About the Opportunity
Andhra Pradesh High Court has released a notification for the recruitment of Civil Judges for 68 Posts, for which the last date of application is the 2nd day of January 2021.
55 vacancies are to be filled under Direct Recruitment, and 13 vacancies to be filled under Recruitment by Transfer. The recruitment process shall be governed by Andhra Pradesh State Judicial (Service & Cadre) Rules, 2007.
The Andhra Pradesh HC
The Andhra Pradesh High Court is the High Court of the Indian State of Andhra Pradesh. The seat of the High Court is at Amaravati, the capital of Andhra Pradesh.
It was established in the year 1954 when the new state of Andhra formed from the earlier Madras Presidency. After the merger of the Hyderabad State with Andhra State to form the State of Andhra Pradesh, the Court initially met at the Guntur city till 1956. Thereafter, the High Court started functioning from the capital city of Hyderabad.
Post bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh into Telangana and Andhra Pradesh as per the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014, the High Court of Judicature at Hyderabad was constituted as a common High Court until the new High Court for the State of Andhra Pradesh is created. Later by Presidential order, the High Court for the state of Andhra Pradesh was established on 1 January 2019 under the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014. The seat of the High Court is at Amaravati, the capital of Andhra Pradesh and the first justice city of India.
- Advocates practicing for not less than 3 years, as on the date of publication of the official notification in the newspapers i.e 3.12.20
Recruitment by Transfer
- The applying candidate must possess a degree in Law from any University established in India and must be a confirmed number or approved probationer in the categories as given in the official notification (Page 2-3).
- Any person facing a charge in any disciplinary inquiry or has undergone a punishment for any irregularity in the discharge of his/her duties- MUST NOT APPLY.
- Direct Recruitment:The applicant shall not have completed the age of 35 years as on the first day of the month (01.12.20) in which the notification was released (3.12.20). [Age relaxation varies with the reservation categories]
- Recruitment by Transfer:The applicant shall not have completed the age of 48 years as on the first day of the month (01.12.20) in which the notification was released (3.12.20).
- For short-listing of the candidates, the High Court will conduct a Screening Test (Computer Based Test) for 100 marks comprising of 100 multiple choice objective type Questions.
- The duration of the examination will be two (2) hours.
- The candidates who secure 40% and above marks in the Hall screening test will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1:10 of the available vacancies, for the written examination.
- The marks obtained in the screening test shall not be added to the marks obtained in the written examination and they shall not be counted for determining the final order of merit of the candidates, as the screening test is conducted for the purpose of shortlisting the candidates.
- Written Examination consisting of the following three (3) papers will be held. (The object of written examination is to test the academic knowledge of the candidates.)
- Civil Laws
- Criminal Laws and
- English Translation test
- The English Translation test will be for 25 marks and the Essay Writing test for 75 marks on a legal subject. (Translation Test is from English to Telugu and Telugu to English only).
- Each paper will carry 100 marks. The duration of each paper is three (3) hours.
- The last round will be for Viva-Voce of 50 marks.
- User Manual for filling up of application forms
- Helpdesk or Contact Information
- Official Notification
How to Apply?
Note – The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. We try our level best to avoid any misinformation or abusive content. If you found any of such content on this website, please report us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested to publish your article on our website? Click Here to submit your article.