Chanakya National Law University Patna invites application for the position of Centre Coordinator of the Child Rights Centre, CNLU Patna (CRC). The Centre is currently receiving institutional support from UNICEF.
Chanakya National Law University is a public law school and a National Law University in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar as a public university dedicated to the field of legal education. The Chief Justice of Patna High Court is the ex officio chancellor of the university.
Objectives to be Fulfilled
- To engage with Child Rights from a multidisciplinary perspective and to contribute to the development of a comprehensive legal framework for children through a Child Code.
- To strengthen law, policy and governance of child rights.
- To enhance experimental learning by conducting extensive fieldwork and research for evidence-based advocacy.
- To evolve and support effective delivery and response systems for children, their families and communities.
- To lobby with state and civil society to enable realizations of child rights recognized by the State.
- To improve access to justice for children in areas of juvenile justice, child labour, gender justice, education and trafficking.
- To engage in academic collaboration, outreach programs including research and other appropriate interventions on child rights law in the state of Bihar.
- To organize conferences, seminars, workshops, symposiums etc on the issues relating to child rights.
- Candidate should preferably hold a Masters degree in Law ( LLM) /Ph.D (Research Scholar Interdisciplinary in Law & Social Science)
- 3 years of experience either in child rights advocacy, or in a non-governmental organization, or development organization or in an academic institute in the capacity of a faculty.
- Well-versed with all issues related to child rights and protection of children.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum support.
- Adapt in supervising documentation, maintenance of accounts and running office.
- Ability to liaison and network with various stakeholders in the child rights field to fulfill the objectives of the center.
- Ability to perform tasks timely with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent in documentation and in drafting proposals, reports, etc.
- Proficient in the use of computer including Microsoft word, ppts, excel sheet, etc.
- Presence of mind and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Team player and excellent interpersonal skills.
Nature of Employment and Remuneration
- Contractual in nature.
- The Centre Coordinator is required to work on a full-time basis .
Activities to be Undertaken
- To initiate, develop and carry out networking with various stakeholders in child rights for enabling strong foundations of CRC.
- To arrange internship programmes for CRC- CNLU student members.
- To supervise the record maintenance, documentation and accounts of the Centre.
- To facilitate and cooperate in organizing training programmes for stakeholders.
- To facilitate the organization of conferences, seminars, workshops, symposiums etc on the issues relating to child rights.
- To facilitate and coordinate outreach programmes in child rights.
- To facilitate and contribute in reviewing existing laws, rules and policies relating to child rights in Bihar.
- To facilitate and contribute in carrying research work, its documentation and proper dissemination through various channels.
- To facilitate the publication of bi-monthly newsletters, quarterly journals, case digests and information education and communication (IEC) materials.
- To facilitate and contribute in child rights advocacy campaigns and programmes to be organized by the center.
- To develop and deliver PPT of the work undertaken by the Centre.
- To look into the day-to-day administration of CRC.
- To draft research proposals and liaison with funding agencies.
How to Apply?
Kindly fill-up the form and forward the same along with your latest CV and one Writing sample on the issues related to children to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com
The last date for submission of application is 11.59 PM, 30th November 2020.
Please note that only those candidates found eligible for the position shall be intimated of their selection for further stages of recruitment. The candidates selected for interview on the date of interview shall have to make a presentation for 10 minutes maximum on the topic related to child rights in front of the panel. (PowerPoint presentation is optional)