About the Opportunity
Ministry of External Affairs is looking to hire for the job post of Consultant in Court Cases in the CPV (Consular, Passport & Visa) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs.
About the CPV Division
The Consular, Passport & Visa (CPV) Division of the Ministry of External Affairs inter alia handles all policy matters related to:
- Issuance of Diplomatic & Official Passports
- Consular Grievance
- Legalisation/Attestation of documents
- Extradition Matters
- Processing of Visa requests from foreign Missions & Posts based in New Delhi for their Diplomats & non-diplomatic staff
- Issuance of Indian Visas at our Missions abroad for foreign nationals
- Registration of births and deaths abroad
- Issuance of OCI Card by our Missions/Posts abroad
The Consultant shall act as a single-window for all Court cases pertaining to matters dealt with by the CPV Division of MEA.
- To receive and compile the Court notices / Summons / Petitions, etc.
- To share Court notice / Summons / Petitions with Section / Divisions concerned in the Ministry and Missions / Posts abroad and solicit their inputs to prepare responses to such Notices / Summons / Petitions, etc.
- To prepare draft affidavits and other inputs in consultation with Section/Divisions concerned and in consultation with Central Government Standing Counsels / Law Officers.
- To coordinate and maintain contact with Central Govt. Standing Counsels to keep abreast of ongoing and current Court Cases.
- To maintain a status report of all ongoing Court Cases and track the dates of next hearing etc to suitably alert the Officers concerned.
- To process matters related to payment of professional fees to Central Govt. Standing Counsels / Law Officers as admissible.
- Any other legal matter as directed by Head of Division.
- The Applicant should be an Indian national.
- The applicants must have retired from Central Government service at the level of Deputy Secretary/ Under Secretary.
- He/She must possess Bachelors’s Degree in law.
- The applicant must also have knowledge of basic computer skills.
- The applicant must have 2 years’ experience in handling Court Cases.
- Applicants should not be older than 63 years of age and should be physically fit to perform duties.
- Desirable Criteria: 5 years of work experience in handling Courts Cases/legal field.
- Ministry of External Affairs will review the applications and shortlist the candidates it considers suitable for the interview. The short-listed candidates will be intimated by email.
- The final selection will be based on their performance at the interview.
- The decision of the Government regarding the selection of candidates will be final.
- The applicants must attach the following documents in support of their educational qualifications, experience in Govt. service and PPO Order, etc, with the application.
- The envelope containing the applicants’ details as mentioned above should be clearly labeled “Application for the post of Consultant (Court Cases) for CPV Division of Ministry of External Affairs”.
- The address the application should be sent to:
Shri S. L. Mallik,
Under Secretary (PF/PG) Ministry of External Affairs,
Room No. 4071,
Jawaharlal Nehru Bhawan, 23-D,
Janpath, New Delhi 110011.
November 18, 2020
Click here for the advertisement by MEA and application format.