ABOUT THE DWSS:
The Department of Water Supply and Sanitation was initially known as a Public Health Branch of PWD which came into existence in the year 1956.
Punjab Water Supply & Sanitation Department (earlier known as Public Health Department) is primarily entrusted with the responsibility of providing safe drinking water to the Rural Population, execution of Sanitation works apart from the Water Supply, Sewerage, Sanitation, Air Conditioning & Fire Fighting in Govt. Institutions & four Historical towns namely Anandpur Sahib, Fatehgarh Sahib, Faridkot & Muktsar. Policy on Rural Drinking Water programme aims to provide every rural person with adequate water for drinking, cooking and other domestic needs on a sustainable basis.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Department of Water Supply and Sanitation, Punjab invites application for the position of Law Officer.
NUMBER OF POSTS:
The total number of post is Four (04)
- The candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications:
That he is a citizen of India
That he is enrolled as a member with Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana constituted under the Advocates Act, 1961 (Act 25 of 1961)
- LLB from a recognized university.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of Punjabi language i.e. the candidate must have passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Punjabi. However, the candidates who do not possess the said qualification will have to acquire the same within 6 months from the date of joining.
- Maximum age 37 years for the candidates belonging to General Category and 42 years for the candidates belonging to SC and BC Categories. However, the eligibility condition with regard to age and minimum standing as practicing Advocate shall not apply to applicants who retire as Judicial Officers, Retired Law Officers of various departments of State Govt. and retired Law Officers of Directorate of Prosecution and Litigation.
- Experience: Three years of practicing experience as an Advocate in District Courts OR in High Court OR Supreme Court.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Applications must be submitted on prescribed application proforma along with declaration and other requisite documents through registered post at the address given below OR at email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application must reach the department on or before 14.12.2020 up to 05.00 pm
- The address at which the applications must reach is as follows:
Office of Head,
Department of Water Supply and Sanitation Punjab,
Water works complex,
Phase-2, SAS Nagar
Rs. 45,000 per month.
For Official Notification, CLICK HERE