IIT Kharagpur invites applications for admission to the Ph.D Programme [Regular, Sponsored, Working Professionals and Individual Fellowship (i.e. CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE etc.)] of the Institute in all disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Architecture & Regional Planning, Humanities & Social Sciences, Rural Development, Law and Management. Admission of reserved-category candidates will be done as per Government of India notification.
All candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program under the categories mentioned below shall have to possess requisite marks/grades in the qualifying degree as shown below:
- Minimum 60% marks or a CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (3.2.a and/or 3.2.b) in Engineering/ Science/ Commerce/ Management/ Law and/or equivalent
- Minimum 55% marks or a CGPA of 6.0 in 10 point scale in the qualifying examination (3.2.a and/or 3.2.b) in Humanities/Social Science/MBBS degree and/or equivalent.
- Commencement of Online application: April 01, 2020
- Website closure for submission of online application: April 30, 2020
- Last date for receipt of hard copy of completed application (for Ph.D through Project category only) at the Academic(PGS&R) Section: April 30, 2020
- Test & Interview to be conducted in the respective Departments/Centres/Schools (for shortlisted candidates): To be notified later (On Institute Website only)
- Issue of Offer letters to the Selected Candidates To be notified later (On Institute Website only): Date of Admission To be notified later (On Institute Website only)
For application & more details, click here.