About the Organiser
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, formerly Indraprastha University, is a state university located in Delhi, India. It was established in 1998 by Government of Delhi, as a teaching-cum-affiliating university. The University is recognised by University Grants Commission, under section 12B of the UGC Act.
University School of Law and Legal Studies (USLLS), New Delhi, a constituent of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), envisages advancement of institutional expertise in the area of legal research and education by augmenting academic and professional excellence, developing critical and relentless engagement with legal theory and practice, synergizing law, legal research, legal education and action to further the quest for justice.
About the Webinar
COVID-19 pandemic, an unprecedented crisis, has brought untold miseries on mankind bringing the whole world to a standstill. Public transport of all sorts from aviation to railways, from metros to taxis has been shut down for months at end, which has never happened before.
Apparently, there is no direct relationship between environmental conditions and the COVID-19 pandemic, except that the closure of economic activity generally especially in transportation sector, has improved the ambient air quality. However, as the world prepares to commence the economic activity with a renewed vigour, environment is most likely to be affected.
For starters, the declaration of the Environmental Protection Authority of United States of America has stated that for the next two years, all kinds of economic activity, particularly the new ventures shall be exempted from all kinds of environmental monitoring. It is widely feared that this is likely to be the norm for most economies, as and when their economic activity starts picking up.
This would most probably compromise the environmental regulations in a big way and the idea of “Sustainable Development”, as we have understood it from the last four decades, shall suffer tremendously. In the background of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we as a law school, situated in the NCT of Delhi, are acutely conscious of our responsibilities towards the environment and the community.
This ‘World Environment Day, 2020’ i.e. on 5th June 2020, University School of Law and Legal studies is conducting a National Webinar on “Sustainability of Sustainable Development in Post-COVID-19 Scenario” and therefore invites participation from students and scholars for the same. We, at USLLS, intend to assess the sustainability of “sustainable development” in the post-COVID-19 scenario.
They are inviting original and previously unpublished articles, notes and comments from academicians, judges, lawyers and research scholars on the theme of “Sustainability of Sustainable Development in Post-COVID-19 Scenario”.
The following are the sub-themes. However, the sub-themes are merely indicative in nature and not restrictive. Any relevant topic connected to the theme is accepted.
- COVID-19 vis-à-vis Environmental Protection policies of the States
- COVID-19 vis-à-vis Environment Pollution
- Effect of COVID-19 on Climate Change
- Effect of COVID-19 on Forest and Wildlife
- Effect of COVID-19 on Biological Diversity
- Effect of COVID-19 on other Natural Resources
- Effect of COVID-19 on Cleanliness & Sanitation
- Effect of COVID-19 on the 2030 Agenda (SDGs)
- Abstracts must not exceed 300 words.
- Co-Authorship of two persons is allowed.
- The abstract should be submitted through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration is mandatory to participate and present papers in the webinar. However, there is no registration fee for the same
- Click this link to register in the webinar.
- An e-certificate will be issued to all paper Presenters.
- Only registered participants participated in all the sessions of the webinar will be given with a participation certificate.
- Last date for Abstract Submission: 01/06/2020
- Confirmation of Abstract Submission: 02/06/2020
- Date of the Webinar/Conference: 05/06/2020
Dean: Prof. Amar Pal Singh
Assistant Professor: Dr. M. Sakthivel
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 9899569417, 8882169503