‘NARI SHAKTI’ 1st National Online Article Writing Competition 2020 is being organised by Amity Law School in collaboration with National Commission for Women, Indian Lawyers Association, and Legal Bites.
‘NARI SHAKTI’ 1st National Online Article Writing Competition aims to examine, evaluate, and address the contemporary issues and challenges that make the idea of social justice for women an evading dream. The theme of the competition is focused on the analysis of the various facets that advance or impede gender equality and the empowerment of women, particularly in the areas of social protection systems, recognition of agency, and access to public services.
Theme of the Competition
Women Empowerment and Safety
- Violence Against Women in the Home and Community
- Cyber Violence against Women and Girls
- Women under the Patriarchal Society
- Strategies for Empowerment of Women
- World legislation against gender inequality: does it really matters?
- Human Trafficking of women
- Building Secure Environment for Women Prisoners
- Widows: Concerns Addressed and Unaddressed
- Role of civic societies and NGOs in achieving women empowerment in India
The Competition is open for:
- Students pursuing/completed Graduation/Post graduation in from any recognized University across the country.
- Academicians, Professionals, Scholars of any background.
Co-authorship: up-to two authors are permitted.
- Single Author- Rs. 450
- Co-Author- Rs. 800
Interested students are required to duly fill the registration form mentioned below.
Single Author: Click here
Co-Author: Click here
- A confirmation will be sent on approval of registration.
- The language for the competition will be strictly ‘English’.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of two members is allowed.
- No part of the article should contain any identification of the author. Every participant will be allotted a submission code.
- The length of the article should not exceed 3000 words (including footnotes).
- Citation style must be uniform throughout the document and the Bluebook 20th Edition citation must be followed.
- All submissions must be original and a bonafide effort of the participants and should not be submitted for any other purpose except the competition.
- Organisers reserves all rights regarding eligibility/qualification/disqualification/publication of the submissions.
- Font – Times New Roman; Font Size – 12
- Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Justified
- Footnote Font Size – 10; Footnote Spacing – 1
- The submission shall consist of Cover Page [containing the allotted submission code and Title of Article], and Article.
- Participants have to send the soft copy (.doc or .docx) of their article on or before 5th July 2020 by 23:59 IST at [email protected] The Subject of the mail should strictly be “Submission NARI SHAKTI – [Submission Code]”.
While assessing the documents the weightage would be given as below:
- Originality and clarity of the content
- Quality of the analysis and research
- Language and Structure of the Article
- Grammar, syntax and form Copyright
- All the articles submitted shall be the exclusive property of Organizers.
- Organisers shall be free to use the information/ views therein in any manner it requires.
- Organisers shall not be responsible for any article(s) not received.
- Last Date of Registration – 27th June 2020
- Releasing Submission Codes – 30th June 2020
- Last Date of Submission – 5th July 2020
- Announcement of Result – 11th July 2020
- 1st Prize – Certificate of Excellence + 5,000 INR + Publication of Article Online
- 2nd Prize – Certificate of Excellence + 3,000 INR + Publication of Article Online
- 3rd Prize – Certificate of Excellence + 2,000 INR + Publication of Article Online
Shortlisted Articles will be published online with the name of the Author.
- Certificate of Merit would be awarded to the top ten participants (excluding Top three).
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants. A soft copy of the Certificate of Participation will be sent to all the participants after the successful declaration of the results.
For any further details or queries, please write to [email protected] or call –
- Tanya: +91-78360 70747
- Himanshu: +91-96547 70494
Note - The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. We try our level best to avoid any misinformation or abusive content. If you found any of such content on this website, please report us at [email protected]
Interested to publish an article at Law Corner? Click Here to submit your article.