High Courts having jurisdiction over more than one State/Union Territories:
|Bombay||Maharashtra, Goa, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu|
|Calcutta||West Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|Guwahati||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Nagaland, Mizoram|
|Madras||Tamil Nadu, Puducherry|
|Punjab and Haryana||Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh|
High Courts having benches in other cities:
|Allahabad High Court||Lucknow|
|Bombay High Court||Nagpur, Panaji, Aurangabad|
|Calcutta High Court||Port Blair|
|Guwahati High Court||Kohima, Aizawl, Itanagar|
|Madhya Pradesh High Court||Gwalior, Indore|
|Madras High Court||Madurai|
|Rajasthan High Court||Jaipur|
High Courts not in state capitals:
High Courts for Union territories:
|Union Territory||High Court|
|Andaman and Nicobar Island||Calcutta High Court|
|Lakshadweep||Kerala High Court|
|Puducherry||Madras High Court|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||Bombay High Court|
|Daman And Diu||Bombay High Court|
|Chandigarh||Punjab and Haryana High Court|
|Delhi||Delhi High Court|
Important points to remember:
- The Supreme Court of India came into existence on 28th Jan, 1950 replacing federal Court of India, which had functioned from 1937 to 1950.
- The total number of High Court in India is 24.
- Three High Courts were inaugurated in March 2013- Meghalaya High Court and Manipur High Court (on 25th March) and Tripura High Court (26th March) in their respective state capitals.
- The oldest high Court in India is Calcutta High Court which was set up on 1st July, 1862. It is one of the three Chartered High Court in India along with High Court of Bombay and Madras.
- Age limits for High court Judge is up to sixty two years.
- Allahabad High Court has the highest number of Judges with 81 Judges.
Note – The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. We try our level best to avoid any misinformation or abusive content. If you found any of such content on this website, please report us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested to publish your article on our website? Click Here to submit your article.